How long and How often do you need to Make Strengthening Hair Masks?
Most dermatologists are confident that our skin becomes saturated with nutrients in the first half an hour after application of the mixture or oil, so long-term procedures do not have a lasting effect.
But in folk medicine there are recipes that advise to prolong the time of the session, for example, to make a mask for strengthening the hair for the night.
Tips for Beginners from Experienced, the best use of Masks that Strengthen Hair
- We begin with the simplest recipes for masks, the components for which is "at hand."
- We do not try to vary 7 recipes within 7 days, since each remedy is effective in its own way and will give a positive result in 4-6 weeks. (The exception is annoying, stimulating masks: if the heating components cause discomfort or the appearance of cosmetic defects on the skin - immediately wash off or stop using them!)
- It is enough to choose two-stage masks or 2-3 "related" recipes for the composition of nutrient masks and alternately change them.
- Be sure to consider the natural type of our hair and apply only universal or strictly appropriate to a certain type of skin and ringlets means!
- Aggressive mixtures of stimulating masks that cause skin warming or irritation, on the first application, leave on the head and hair for no more than 10-15 minutes, even if they do not cause discomfort. These components, as a rule, most often cause allergic reactions, irritation and skin burn, discoloration (especially, stained) of the hair. This list includes: honey, mustard, onions, garlic, henna, cinnamon, basma, aromamasla and others. In the future, you can increase the procedure time by 5 minutes, until you feel the individual threshold of skin sensitivity.
- The use of home cosmetics is good in moderation: for greasy hair - not more often 2-3 times a week, for dry - no more than 1-2 times in 6-7 days. In the remaining days, it is enough to rinse your head with broths or infusions of herbs that have a beneficial effect on the skin and hair.
Who will use Masks to Strengthen Hair?Indications for the use of home masks that strengthen hair, are:
- Active hair loss, when in the bathroom or on the pillow you can find a large number of strands (more than 60-100 hairs per day);
- The appearance of dandruff;
- Hair at the base, regardless of their natural type (fatty, normal or dry), too quickly becomes greasy and dirty;
- Fatty hair does not hold shape and volume, begin to stick together after 10-15 hours after washing, which causes their owners to wash their hair daily;
- Dry curls immediately after washing become stiff, tangled, combed with difficulty, dull look, puff. Especially inexpressive dry hair look after a chemical wave, which significantly worsens their structure and appearance.
- Normalize the nutrition of the follicles, saturate the skin, roots and hair rods with useful substances, vitamins and antioxidants;
- Improve blood circulation, which will lead to accelerated growth and increase in the density of hair;
- To adjust the functioning of the sebaceous glands, which will help to normalize the amount of secreted fat secretion. Similarly, masks improve the condition of any type of hair, eliminating excess fat and giving them a natural sheen;
- A sufficient amount of greasy secret on the cuticle of the hair protects the rods from drying out, reflects negative atmospheric and chemical attacks (ammonia in most paints, harmful additives in shampoos and conditioners, thermal blows of hair dryers and stylers, solar ultraviolet and frosty air).
Oily Hair: How to Strengthen and give volume?Hair fatty type or normal, but prone to fat, cosmetologists for home use recommend:
- Mask kefir-mustard. 25 g of mustard powder to grind with one chicken yolk and 25-30 ml of kefir (yogurt without additives). The amount of fermented milk product can be varied to obtain a consistency of thick sour cream. Massage movements are applied to the scalp, dividing strands. Rub the mixture into the roots of the hair (but only on a clean head to prevent infection!). Do not panic if there is a slight burning sensation. With sensitive skin, discomfort may occur earlier than in 10-15 minutes, which are allocated for this procedure. In this case, immediately rinse hair with cool water or herbal decoctions prepared in advance. They can be obtained from the roots of burdock, calendula flowers or chamomile, oak bark or nettle leaves.
- Oily hair is well strengthened with egg whites, whipped in foam. They are applied to the hair, and after an hour, an abundant amount of water is washed off. It is very difficult to perform such an action, so connoisseurs recommend adding honey (if there is no allergy) and light burdock or almond oil. A mixture with an equal amount of oil and honey not only beneficially affects the scalp and hair, but also facilitates the task of cleaning them after the procedure.
- Mix apple (or grape) vinegar - 15 ml and the same amount of glycerin. Add the chicken egg to the mask. Mix thoroughly, pour in 40 ml of castor oil. Ready emulsion is applied to the roots of hair and distribute it in curls. The mask can be kept by wrapping the head with a compress, from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Repeat the procedure twice a week for a month. Then - supportive course: 1 session in 14 days.
- Herbal mask. Flowers (baskets) of marigold, or "marigolds", and dried leaves of nettle - 2 tbsp each. pour boiling water (1.5 liters). For half an hour we insist in a warm place. Then the infusion filter and several times rinse their head after washing. It is undesirable to wash off this mask, as nettle is one of the most powerful natural remedies that strengthen hair follicles; and calendula - narrows the pores of the scalp and dries the dermis, preventing the salting of keratin fibers.
- Honey and egg mask. Honey (50 g) slightly warmed on a steam bath and mix with 2 whipped yolks. Homogenous mass rub into the roots of hair and distribute on the rods. Fans of this home remedy are advised to perform the procedure in the evening, wrap the head with a compress and leave this mask for the night. It not only strengthens the hair follicles, but also saturates the curls to the very tips, makes the hair shiny, obedient and soft to touch. In addition to this mixture you can pour a little lemon juice.
- Grain-sour-milk. Rye bread chop and pour the yogurt (or water) to the state of gruel. Apply the prepared composition with massage movements to the roots of hair and distribute it in curls. After half an hour, wash off the mask with cool water.
- Parsley - 100 g grind into gruel, mix with 50 ml of yogurt or kefir and 20 ml of castor oil. Rub into the skin of the scalp, cover it with a compress, and after 30-40 minutes - rinse.
- Egg mask. Beat 1 chicken egg and add 1 ml (ampoule) of vitamin B1 or B6 (from the pharmacy). Mix the ingredients and apply to the skin at the roots of the hair, carefully massaging. After an hour, wash off the remains of the mask with the help of herbs, acidified water or soft baby shampoo.
- Colorless henna - 1 package to dissolve in warm yoghurt or curdled milk (100 ml). If you perform the procedure 1 time in 3 days, then in a month the hair will be strong, their structure will become thicker and denser.
- Vitamin mask. Peach, cabbage or carrot juice (100 ml) mixed with whipped egg yolk, 20 ml of base cosmetic oil (any: olive, burdock, almond or peach) and 15-20 ml of lemon juice.
Dry Hair: How to Strengthen Hair GrowthLocks, dry by nature, or survived chemical perm, to strengthen the structure will help mix:
- Mask from a banana. Puree from the pulp of a banana mixed with 25 g of sour cream, one whipped yolk and 20 g of honey. Homogeneous mass to cover the skin near the roots of hair and distribute it in curls. Wear a bathing cap and towel (or replace the cap with cellophane tape). The mask should be kept for 50-60 minutes.
- Wheaten fiber (or ground wheat sprouts) - 1 tsp. plus 15 ml of lemon juice and 50 ml of heated fat cream mixed in a water bath. In a warm form, apply hair roots and strands along the entire length to the roots. The action time is 15-20 minutes. Repeat the procedure can be a day, after the monthly course of therapy, chic and strong can become even the most dull and inconspicuous hair.
- Beat 2 egg yolks and mix them with 20 g of pollen of bees. Separately boil the turn (1 tablespoon) in a glass of water and boil for 10 minutes. Cool the broth and warmly combine it with the egg mixture. Heat the steam bath with 20 ml of avocado oil or jojoba and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Instead of a string, you can use the root of burdock, nettle or lovage. This mask strengthens and nourishes the hair follicles, improves the structure of the hair along the entire length.
- Olive oil cold-pressed - 50 ml mixed with juice half a lemon. This mask moisturizes the roots and rods of hair, saturates them with vitamins and microelements. Half an hour later, it can be washed off under running water.
- Mix the beaten yolk with 20 g of liquid honey. You can add flesh or aloe juice. Keep this nutritious mixture on your head for 1-2 hours. Then wash it off with running water.
- Half of the avocado pulp is whipped with a blender and combined with a yolk yolk, whipped separately. Keep this mask on your hair for about an hour.
- Kefir mask, strengthening. Kefir or yogurt - 75 ml, whipped yolk and 9 ml of castor oil. Apply a homogeneous mass of these ingredients in a warm form to the scalp and strands. The mass can feed bulbs and hair rods for about an hour, then the composition can be washed off.
- Dry yeast - 1 tbsp. dilute in 50 ml of warm water, add 25 g of granulated sugar and 50 ml of kefir (or yogurt). Wait until the fermentation process starts (minutes 10-15) and pour in a mass of 20 ml of warm liquid honey.
- Root ginger grate (30 g) and mix with sesame or apricot oil (40 ml). In this strengthening mask, if desired, you can add the aroma of lavender or ylang-ylang, mint or rosemary, pine, coriander, bay, ara, tea tree.
- The leader in strengthening dry and brittle hair is burdock oil. It can be applied to the scalp in both pure and heated form, and mix (20 ml) with curdled milk and, mashed in puree, plantain leaves. Apply the mixture to the scalp and strands of hair. After 20-60 minutes you can wash off with plenty of water.