Therefore, it is very important to minimize the harmful factors that affect the hair during washing. So, from this article you will learn all the secrets of proper hair washing.
How often should I wash my Hair?Recently, all specialists have come to the conclusion that the frequency of washing is determined by your individual need.
Do not be afraid to wash your hair every day, when you really need it - if you have oily hair or if you use styling products. But do not forget to wash your head properly and use a mild shampoo appropriate to your hair type.
At the same time, I have an opinion that the frequent use of shampoo "accustoms" the hair to excess sebum, as it is constantly washed off with shampoo. And there is an opinion that the hairiness of hair is increased by shampoos containing SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate). The main argument of these points of view is that our grandmothers washed their hair once a week on a bath day and did not suffer from dirty hair.
Well, now some "technical moments" and subtle tricks for the beauty of your hair, concerning washing your head - on points.
How to wash Hair Properly
- Comb your hair before washing so that they are less confused during washing. You can make a head massage with a comb, this will increase the flow of blood to the head and strengthen the effect of home care when washing. Just comb your hair with a soft massage brush in different directions for 10 minutes.
- Use pure water - filtered, boiled or bottled, softened with baking soda (1 teaspoon per liter of water) or ammonia (1 tsp to 2 liters of water).
- Wash your head with warm or slightly cool water. The water temperature is of no small importance. Do not wash your hair with hot water, this increases the activity of the sebaceous glands, and therefore makes them fatter. In addition, it reveals the scales of hair, depriving them of smoothness and shine. And excessively hot water will turn the soap base of shampoo into a gray coating on the hair.
- Before applying the shampoo on your hair, let your hair get wet and soaked with water, this will protect them from exposure to harmful substances, and damp skin does not let them in.
- Use the shampoo that suits you, according to the type of hair. Well, if it is a professional brand shampoo for home hair care or organic , or even better - shampoo, prepared by you yourself from natural and safe ingredients. Lather your hair two times - first to wash away fat and dust, and a second time - to influence the caring components.
- A magnificent effect will give a drop of essential oil of rosemary or tea tree, added to the shampoo, when you have already typed it in the palm of your hand before washing.
- If you use a balm rinse, do not apply it on the entire length of the hair, starting with the roots - it will weight them and lead to more rapid contamination. Apply balm, retreating 10 cm from the roots of the hair, and to the tips. Give the tips to soak thoroughly, hold the balm on your hair for several minutes.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly with warm water. After washing the hair , rinse them with cool water - it will close the hair scales and make the hair shiny. Try to rinse hair with acidified water, it is the acidic pH of the scalp that is necessary for the health of the hair. If you are blonde, then you can acidify the water for rinsing with lemon juice, this will make the appearance of the hair very effective. For brunettes, water is best acidified with 6% apple cider vinegar (one tablespoon per liter of water).
- If you use a decoction of medicinal herbs for rinsing, then bear in mind that a full impact will only be if you rinse the hair with a decoction after they have almost dried. On wet hair, rinsing does not have the proper effect.
- Change the towel more often, bacteria accumulate and multiply on it.
- Do not rub your hair with a towel - this will damage them. Do not leave the towel on your head for a long time, otherwise the "greenhouse effect" will lead to increased fatness of the hair.
- It is undesirable to comb wet hair and blow dry. If drying is necessary, use a thermal protector (eg panthenol) , use not the hottest air or cold air.