However, currently Minoxidil is actively used to treat androgenic alopecia in both men and women. And the ability to stimulate hair growth was originally identified as a side effect, which quickly began to be used for good purposes.
Description and function of Minoxidil
The form of release is different: a spray, an aerosol, foam, a solution. The drug is also produced in the form of tablets, but is used internally as a means of increased pressure.
- Minimal results - reduction in the intensity of hair loss in the absence of growth of new
- Average indices are the recovery of fallen hairs
- The best result is the restoration of lost hair, the growth of new hairs, the increase of the hair in volume.
- Minoxidil Kirkland 5% for 6 months for men - 4000 rubles;
- Minoxidil 15% (60 ml) - 2900 rubles;
- Spray Generolon 2% (60 ml) - 470-650 rubles;
- Spray Generolon 5% (60 ml) - 690-740 rubles;
- Aerosol Regeyn 5% (60 ml) - 1400-1540 rubles;
- Spray Aleran 2% (60 ml) - 660-760 rubles;
- Spray Aleran 5% (60 ml) - 840-960 rubles;
- Foam Rogaine for women 5% for 4 months - 5800 rubles;
- Foam or lotion Rogaine for men 5% for 1 month - 2100 rubles.
Useful properties of Minoxidil for Hair
- After application to problem areas, the substance actively penetrates the skin. The first is the vasodilator effect, which improves blood microcirculation.
- In turn, this leads to an improvement in the inflow of nutrients and the removal of processed foods in an accelerated mode. In this sense, they talk about improving trophic hair follicles.
- In this way, the hair follicles are stimulated, which previously were in a resting phase. So begins their transition into the growth phase. There is also an increase in the response of nitric oxide receptors, which has a beneficial effect on hair.
- Gradually, the effect of androgens on hair follicles is modeled, which leads to a significant slowdown in the rate of alopecia.
- Indirect effects are manifested in a decrease in the synthesis of the 5-alpha-dehydrosterone compound, which to some extent forms alopecia.
Contraindications to the use of Minoxidil
- The presence of an allergic reaction to any component. This is also called individual intolerance. For safety reasons, allergic tests should be performed before the start of treatment.
- There are limitations related to age: the drug is contraindicated in patients under the age of 18 years.
- It is not advisable to use the substance during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
- In the presence of skin lesions, the use is prohibited in order to avoid the ingress of a large amount of active substance into the bloodstream and the development of an allergy.
- Simultaneous use of the drug with the means leading to changes in the protective functions of the skin is not recommended because of the increased absorption of Minoxidil, which is fraught with an overdose that causes side effects. These drugs include Tretinoin and Antralin / Dithranol.
Side Effects of Minoxidil
- Burning and irritation of the eyes:- It is possible if the visual organs accidentally hit the mucosa. Therefore, the drug requires careful use.
- Undesirable increase in hair growth in some areas of the skin . Also occurs due to inaccurate application of the drug or because of increased absorption of the drug, which through the blood migrates into the body.
- Local reaction:- It appears in the appearance of itching, redness and irritation, dandruff, contact dermatitis in the treatment areas.
- Development of severe allergies:- It manifests itself in the appearance of hives, rashes, shortness of breath, pain in the heart and lungs, rapid heart rate, swelling of the face, tongue, lips, extremities. Also, there may be dizziness, loss of consciousness and a sharp increase in body weight.
- Initial increase in hair loss:- It is associated with the action of the drug, manifested temporarily at the initial stage of treatment. This process is explained by the transition of follicles from the resting stage to the growth stage, accompanied by additional loss of weakened hair.
As for side effects, some users note that at the very beginning of using minoxidil reddening of the scalp, itching, dandruff and peeling may appear. This is often associated with the content of alcohol in the preparation. Typically, these side effects occur within the first month of use. In addition to local manifestations of side effects on the scalp from minoxidil, red spots or small pimples can sometimes appear on the face - all this takes place during the first weeks of using the drug.
We recommend getting professional advice from a trichologist before applying minoxidil to avoid allergic reactions to the drug components. They can be manifested by the appearance of urticaria, edema of the face or rhinitis.
When using minoxidil care must be taken to avoid getting lotion or foam on the mucous membranes. If you experience discomfort after taking minoxidil or if side effects disturb you for a long time, always consult a specialist.
Minoxidil Composition and Components
- Minoxidil is an active substance added at different concentrations (2, 5, 15%).
- Water is a solvent, a mixture filler.
- Propylene glycol is a solvent with a low toxicity. Strengthens the absorption of the skin with skin.
- Ethyl alcohol is a solvent, antiseptic, preservative. Its high content can lead to faster drying of the product, but at the same time, the absorbency, and hence the efficiency, also decreases.
Instructions for use Minoxidil
Use of Minoxidil for Men
- The beginning of treatment . To begin therapy follows at occurrence of the first signs. Otherwise, with a long course of pathology, the potential effectiveness is reduced.
- Frequency of application . 1-2 times a day. Depends on the concentration of the active substance.
- Dose for a single dose . Determined by the manufacturer, based on the area of the surface being treated and the area of application. If 1 ml is indicated in the instruction for the use of Minoxidil, do not exceed the volume; this will not lead to an improvement or acceleration in obtaining the result, but is fraught with the development of negative reactions.
- Application rules . It is applied directly to a clean surface in problem areas with small pads of rubbing fingers. Do not apply to hair. Avoid contact with other skin and mucous membranes. After application, do not rinse for several hours.
- Duration of therapy . Treatment is carried out constantly. It is known that the drug has no prolonged action. He works on the principle of "here and now." He does not eliminate the root cause of alopecia, but only acts as a stimulant. Therefore, after stopping the reception fairly quickly the result is lost, the hair again thinning, there are bald patches.
- Waiting for the first results . Takes about 4-5 months from the beginning of admission.
The use of Minoxidil for Women
- Concentration of active substance:- The most suitable is 2%. However, in special cases, a 5% solution is allowed. The female body responds much better to the effect of the drug.
- Application:- It requires more thoroughness and accuracy, in order to avoid the increase in hair growth on the face, their coarsening and darkening. After distribution, you should thoroughly wash your hands.
- Precautions:- After application in the evening, the product should be absorbed so that during the night rest do not migrate to the pillow and skin. In some cases, you can use special caps, preferably from breathable material.
Real feedback on the use of Minoxidil
- minoxidil for hair regrowth reviews
- minoxidil 5 results
- minoxidil for hair loss side effects
- does minoxidil work for women's hair loss
- minoxidil 2%
- minoxidil price in india
- regaine hair for woman
- minoxidil hair loss worse
- minoxidil beard progress
- regaine side effects
- regaine vs rogaine
- minoxidil beard before and after pictures
- minoxidil beard experiment
- minoxidil beard permanent