This article will help you find the essential hair oils that are most suitable for your hair type and for solving your hair problems.
Properties of Essential Oils for Hair Growth and Thickness
- If you have dry hair, choose ylang ylang, rosemary, lavender, geranium, juniper, patchouli, orange, incense, myrrh, sandalwood and blue chamomile. Use them for masks at the rate of 2-3 drops per teaspoon of the base jojoba oil or macadamia, for scalp massage and aromatherapy.
- For greasy hair, esters of sage, lemon, tea tree, cypress, cedar, bergamot, rosemary, lemon balm, eucalyptus, pine are ideal. In a teaspoon of base oil (jojoba, macadamia, burdock) add 3-5 drops of these oils in the manufacture of masks and a mixture for head massage.
- To strengthen and with hair loss, you need butter bei, sandal, ylang-ylang, mandarin, neroli, chamomile, cedar, cinnamon, pine for masks and massage.
- To accelerate growth - thyme, rosemary, sage, ylang-ylang, pine in the composition of masks and a mixture for scalp massage.
- Against dandruff - include in the masks of tea tree, cypress, juniper, eucalyptus, aire, cedar, lavender, orange, rose.
- At the split ends of hair, apply masks and balms with the addition of rosewood oil, ylang ylang and mandarin.
Uses and Application of Essential Oils for HairSince essential oil is a very concentrated product, 2-5 drops of oil are enough to be added to base hair oils, shampoos, balms and hair masks, a home hair spray , to use for scalp massage and aromatherapy.
If you feel a slight burning sensation when using citrus or pine oils - do not worry, this is normal and indicates the inflow of blood to the scalp, which in turn will provide a good effect of using this oil.
And although personally I am wary of advice to add essential oil to industrial hair cosmetics and shampoos, you can add 2 drops of essential oil to the shampoo portion before use, or directly into the bottle in proportion to the amount of shampoo.
Shampoo can be usual, shop-like, but it is even better to use at least occasionally homemade shampoos with the addition of a couple of drops of oil that suits you. For use in the composition of balm for hair, citrus oils are most suitable: they will fill the hair with vitamins, they will give shine and elasticity, they will get rid of dry and split ends.
Hair masks are prepared from base oil with the addition of a few drops of your favorite essential oils and other ingredients. To solve certain problems, consider the properties of essential oils for hair.
Choose the right essential oil for your hair, and it will beautify your daily hair care. When selecting essential oils, also pay attention to the smell - whether he likes you personally or not, which indicates your individual compatibility.